2 adults and 2 kids
Saucepan Casserole dish Mixing bowl Wooden spoon Chopping board Chopping knife
This tasty dish is a great opportunity to try out new fish
› 675 g of filleted fish
(Cod, herring, trout, mackerel and salmon are all suitable for this dish)
› 1 onion, finely chopped
› few drops of lemon juice
› 150 ml of water
› 275 ml of low-fat milk
› 25 g of low-fat spread
› 1 dstsp of plain flour
› pinch of salt if desired
› 8 potatoes, cooked and mashed › 40 g of frozen peas
› 2 carrots, chopped
- Skin the fish and cut into 4 pieces. Wash in cold water.
- Place in a saucepan with onion and lemon juice. Add the water and milk.Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain the fish, saving the stock.
- Melt the low-fat spread in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook for
2 minutes until it forms a soft ball. Remove from heat and add fish stock gradually, stirring continuously. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook for another 2 minutes, still stirring.
- Grease a casserole dish and add a little sauce. Place fish in dish and cover with the salt and pepper, remaining sauce, peas and carrots.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes over the filling.
- Brown under the grill or in the oven.
Baked, stuffed fish
Preparation time :
Cooking time :
Utensils needed :
Casserole dish Mixing bowl Chopping board Chopping knife Wooden spoon
Serve with vegetables of your choice,
(chopped carrots, peas or broccoli)
- › 8 small fillets of fish
- › 56 g of brown breadcrumbs (2 slices). (Cod, haddock, mackerel, herring or trout are all suitable for baking)
- › 1 onion, finely chopped
- › pinch of salt if desired
- › pepper
- › 1 tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped (or 1 tsp of dried parsley) or 1⁄4 tsp of mixed dried herbs
- › 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- › 1 lemon, cut into wedges – some for lemon juice (or grated rind) and some
to serve with fish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Rinse the fish under cold running water and remove any bones.
Dry in kitchen paper.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, chopped onion, parsley or mixed herbs, salt and pepper, in a small bowl.
- Stir the oil into the crumb mixture. Finally add a little lemon rind or juice.
- Lay 4 fillets on a greased dish, skin-side down, and spoon the stuffing carefully onto each fillet. Flatten well down and cover with the other 4 fillets. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes, depending on size and thickness of the fish.
- Lift the fish carefully on to a warmed serving dish and surround with cooked peas, lemon wedges and parsley.
SOUPS5 months ago
Farmhouse vegetable soup
BREAKFAST5 months ago
News5 months ago
What is exactly corona virus (COVID – 19)
BEEF, LAMB & PORK5 months ago
DESSERTS & BREADS5 months ago
Food5 months ago
Health5 months ago
How To Protecting yourself and others from the spread COVID-19
CHICKEN & TURKEY5 months ago