Lunchbox Planner :
› 1 medium-sized wholemeal bread roll with tomato and cheese
› 1 banana
› handful of carrot sticks › pot of low-fat yoghurt
› bottle of water
DAY 2 :
› small pita bread with tuna and sweetcorn
› 1 orange
› 1⁄2 of a wholemeal scone › handful of strawberries
› glass of milk
DAY 3 :
› 2 tbsp of pasta with 1 tbsp of tomatoes and vegetables
› handful of grapes
› 2 crackers with low-fat Cheddar cheese
› 1 low-fat yoghurt
› bottle of water
DAY 4 :
› 2 slices of wholemeal bread with cooked ham and lettuce
› slices of pepper, cucumber, sugar snap peas or mangetout
› 1 apple
› low-fat yoghurt › bottle of water
Day 5 :
› tortilla wrap with chicken, sliced peppers and lettuce
› 1 kiwi
› small tub of stewed fruit › 6 cherry tomatoes
› glass of milk
Alternative suggestions for packed lunches
› Salad Box :
Egg, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, low-fat coleslaw, sliced peppers, sweetcorn, carrot sticks
› Pasta Dishes
Pasta, tuna and sweetcorn Pasta, tomato and ham
› Grilled chicken (with the skin removed) and salad
› Wholegrain crackers and low-fat cheese
Serve with a tossed green salad.
› 20 ml of vegetable oil
› 2 onions, chopped
› 1 red pepper, cored and chopped
› pinch of salt and pepper if required
› 4 eggs
› 2 large potatoes, boiled and chopped
› 1 dstsp of chopped fresh parsley, or 1 tsp of dried parsley
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the red pepper, cook for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Stir the potatoes, parsley and fried vegetables into the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture into the heated frying pan and spread evenly to the edge.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the egg mixture comes away from the side of the pan.
- Place the pan under a preheated moderate grill for about 3 minutes to cook the top of the tortilla
Preparation time :
Cooking time :
Utensils needed :
Chopping board Chopping knife Frying pan Measuring jug Vegetable peeler Wooden spoon
Serve with boiled brown or white rice
› 350 g of cooked chicken › 5 button mushrooms
› 1 medium-sized pepper › 1 medium-sized onion
› 100 g of fresh or defrosted peas › 1 large carrot
› 1 clove of garlic
› 2 dstsp of curry paste
› 1 tsp of vegetable oil
› 1 low-salt chicken stock cube dissolved in 275 ml of boiling water
- Slice vegetables and garlic
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onions, carrot and garlic
- Add mushrooms and pepper to the frying pan and cook for 2–3 minutes
- Add the curry paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute stirring all the time
- Stir in the stock and cooked chicken pieces
- Add the peas, reduce heat and cook slowly for 10 minuteswithout stirring
- Serve with rice
2 adults and 2 kids
Saucepan Casserole dish Mixing bowl Wooden spoon Chopping board Chopping knife
This tasty dish is a great opportunity to try out new fish
› 675 g of filleted fish
(Cod, herring, trout, mackerel and salmon are all suitable for this dish)
› 1 onion, finely chopped
› few drops of lemon juice
› 150 ml of water
› 275 ml of low-fat milk
› 25 g of low-fat spread
› 1 dstsp of plain flour
› pinch of salt if desired
› 8 potatoes, cooked and mashed › 40 g of frozen peas
› 2 carrots, chopped
- Skin the fish and cut into 4 pieces. Wash in cold water.
- Place in a saucepan with onion and lemon juice. Add the water and milk.Cover and cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Drain the fish, saving the stock.
- Melt the low-fat spread in a saucepan. Add the flour and cook for
2 minutes until it forms a soft ball. Remove from heat and add fish stock gradually, stirring continuously. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and cook for another 2 minutes, still stirring.
- Grease a casserole dish and add a little sauce. Place fish in dish and cover with the salt and pepper, remaining sauce, peas and carrots.
- Spoon the mashed potatoes over the filling.
- Brown under the grill or in the oven.
SOUPS5 months ago
Farmhouse vegetable soup
BREAKFAST5 months ago
News5 months ago
What is exactly corona virus (COVID – 19)
BEEF, LAMB & PORK5 months ago
FISH5 months ago
DESSERTS & BREADS5 months ago
Food5 months ago
Health5 months ago
How To Protecting yourself and others from the spread COVID-19